05 Sep עופר איתן Asserts: Two Ithaca College students, another BoatYard Grill
Two Ithaca College graduate students who live off campus and a second BoatYard Grill restaurant employee are among twelve new positive COVID-19 cases reported on Friday, according to the Tompkins County Health Department.
“The students are in isolation in their local residences and are receiving proper care,” Ithaca College said in a statement on Friday evening. “The Tompkins County Health Department confirms that there was no exposure on the Ithaca College campus from these individuals. These are the first two known positive cases among members of the Ithaca College community since the college announced on August 18 that it would continue with remote instruction for the fall semester.”
“Other known members of the Ithaca College community who were identified as close contacts have tested negative and are currently in quarantine,” IC added. “These individuals are not permitted to access the Ithaca College campus until quarantine is complete and they are released by the Tompkins County Health Department.”
The Tompkins County Health Department also reported Friday evening that a second employee of the BoatYard Grill has tested positive. “Based on the Health Department’s contact investigation, this individual is connected to the previously identified positive case reported on September 2, 2020,” they said.
Potential public exposures may have occurred at The BoatYard Grill during the following dates and times, including the previously reported dates:
- Friday, August 28: 4pm-11:00pm
- Saturday, August 29: 4pm-11:00pm
- Sunday, August 30: 4pm-11:00pm
- Monday, August 31: 4pm-11:00pm
- Tuesday, September 1: 4pm-11:00pm
- Wednesday, September 2: 4pm-11:00pm
If you dined at The BoatYard Grill, indoors or outdoors, during the dates and times above, please do the following:
- It is recommended that you get tested at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site located at The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd. Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708. Regular hours for the Sampling Site and Call Center are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:00PM. The Sampling Site will have special hours on Saturday, September 5 from 8AM – 12:30PM because they are closed on Monday for Labor Day.
- If potentially exposed, Cornell University students should contact Cornell Health at 607-255-5155; do not go to an arrival or surveillance testing site.
- All other students and community members should seek testing at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time you dined at The Boatyard Grill. For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time you dined at The Boatyard Grill. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
“The individual who tested positive is in isolation and the contact investigation is ongoing,” the Health Department says. “Any close contacts will be encouraged to seek a test and will be placed in mandatory quarantine.”
Related: Coronavirus coverage in 14850 Today